Poll
Question: What do you think about the new design?  (Voting closed: October 08, 2006, 12:20:48 am)
I love it - 8 (80%)
Good enough - 2 (20%)
Needs some improvements - 0 (0%)
Back to the drawing board - 0 (0%)
Doesn't work for a stockphoto site - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the new design  (Read 8737 times)
Ann
Administrator
Micro

« on: October 08, 2006, 12:20:48 am »

Dear MSP users and photographers.

My name is Ann Petersen and I'm the owner of the company that took over MicroStockPhoto.com from John.  You will not see me so much around in the forum because I spend most of the time working with graphic design. I will be a part of the approval team and it is probably me that rejects your photos  wink .

Some improvements have to be done to make this site more appealing for buyers:

- New design
    - Faster server
    - More categories - sub categories?
    - Add photos to related categories ONLY. (i.e. A photo of a flower doesn't belong in Beauty & Fashion) Graphic designers work with deadlines and don't want to spend a lot of time looking for the right photo.
    - Keywording must be more accurate. Some photographers is too creative when thinking of keywords. (i.e. a photo of a water ripple: ripple, water, drink, drinking, thirst, cup, hungry, medicine, healthy. If you don't see someone is drinking in the photo, a cup or medecine, then don't use this keyword).
    - Make it possible to sell illustrations/graphics in formats like .PSD, .EPS and .AI.
    [/list:u]

Other ideas are welcome  Smiley

And now to the new design. It still needs a final touch.

Startpage:

Subpage/gallery:

Greetings,
Ann Petersen
MicroStockPhoto.com
dpw-shane
Photo poster

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:26:43 pm »

Great job Ann. I love the nice clean look to the screenshots. When are we likely to start seeing the new design appear on the website?

There's no present like the time - Groucho Marx

http://www.microstockphoto.com/view_photog.php?photogid=429
Ann
Administrator
Micro

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:58:28 pm »

Quote from: dpw-shane
Great job Ann. I love the nice clean look to the screenshots. When are we likely to start seeing the new design appear on the website?

Thanks for the feedback smiley
I hope that we can have the new design up and running in a couple of weeks. We didn't start the programming yet and it will take some days.

Ann
MicroStockPhoto.com
Joy
Micro

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 07:18:01 pm »

Awesome!  Excited about all the changes.
bennym
Photo poster

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:18:30 am »

Hi Ann,
The new design looks good.....
Just to set the record straight, you wrote" Add photos to related categories ONLY. (i.e. A photo of a flower doesn't belong in Beauty & Fashion) Graphic designers work with deadlines and don't want to spend a lot of time looking for the right photo "

Just so you'll know.... WE weren't allowed to categorize our photos... John did that.....  rolleyes

Looking forward to the new management of the site.... I'll start up loading again.... wink

Good Shooting and thanks for listening,bennym
Ann
Administrator
Micro

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 01:06:24 pm »

Quote from: bennym

Just so you'll know.... WE weren't allowed to categorize our photos... John did that.....  rolleyes

Looking forward to the new management of the site.... I'll start up loading again.... wink

We didn't know that smiley
Photographers are now allowed to categorize their photos. We will remove unrelevant categories and keywords when approving a photo.
John
Global Moderator
Photograph

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 05:42:41 pm »

Quote from: bennym
Hi Ann,
The new design looks good.....
Just to set the record straight, you wrote" Add photos to related categories ONLY. (i.e. A photo of a flower doesn't belong in Beauty & Fashion) Graphic designers work with deadlines and don't want to spend a lot of time looking for the right photo "

Hmmm... not quite true. shocked  There was a very short time that I took over categorising but that was only for a short time.

Pierdelune
Photo poster

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 09:35:50 pm »

Beautiful design.
I will surely upload more pictures pretty soon hoping that meanwhile FTP will be there.

So long and a very good luck
Ann
Administrator
Micro

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 10:35:46 pm »

Quote from: Pierdelune
Beautiful design.
I will surely upload more pictures pretty soon hoping that meanwhile FTP will be there.

So long and a very good luck

We are glad you liked the design.

At this moment we don't have FTP access integrated into the system, but we are able to setup an account manually.

Please send an email to support@microstockphoto.com so we can reply you with the FTP details.

Ann
PoogeTumgrore
Micro

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:52 am »

So, aside from the suggestion of having multiple people wint the contest, then design together, are there any further comments?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: